- 2 quarts water
- 2 medium sized zucchini, bias cut
- 2 medium sized summer squash, bias cut
- 3 ounces achiote oil (olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon annatto seed), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces broccolini
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 ounce aged balsamic vinegar, for garnish
Bring water to a boil. Preheat grill to high heat.
Toss zucchini and squash in 1 ounce achiote oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Drop broccolini in boiling water for 2 minutes or until slightly wilted while preserving color.
Place seasoned zucchini and squash on hot grill. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Heat a saute pan over low heat. Add pine nuts and toast lightly. Set aside. Add remaining 2 ounces achiote oil to the heated saute pan. Add the blanched broccolini and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Increase to medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and continue to cook until slightly toasted, about 1 minute. Add grilled zucchini, summer squash and halved cherry tomatoes. Add butter and toss lightly until butter melts. Plate and drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar, garnishing with toasted pine nuts.
from Food Network