- 1 butternut squash (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 cans (approx. 14 ounces each) light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 2 small cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree or a 1-inch piece of ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan combine the squash pieces, coconut milk, chicken broth, green onions, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the butternut squash is very tender.
Add the honey, curry powder, lime juice, and salt, to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes longer.
Carefully puree the mixture in a blender in small batches.
Serve the soup garnished with chopped cilantro if desired.