- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 bunches radish greens (about 2 cups), cleaned
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into1/2-inch dice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 radishes, zested
- Chervil, for garnish
In a medium stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions, and saute until transparent, about 4 minutes. Add radish greens, and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken stock, and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes.
Working in batches, pass the mixture through a food mill into a medium bowl. Stir in cream, and season with salt and pepper. Strain the pureed mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the original pot. Bring soup just to a simmer over medium heat. Serve garnished with radish zest and chervil.
- from Martha Stewart