- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb.), cut into 1-inch wedges
- 4 firm ripe plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Blend ginger, miso, vinegar, sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/4 cup water in a blender, adding water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is too thick, until creamy. Set ginger-miso dressing aside.
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Rub eggplant and tomatoes with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until charred and tender, 4–6 minutes per side. Serve vegetables with ginger-miso dressing.
from Bon Appétit