- 2 pounds summer squash and/or zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place squash in a colander set in the sink or over a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Let squash stand 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove as much excess moisture as possible (do not rinse).
Meanwhile, toast almonds in a large dry skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Fold in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Fold in almonds.
From Bon Appetit