Salad turnips are sweet and crunchy. They can be eaten raw, roasted, or cooked. Dip them in hummus or pesto or slice them into salads. You can chop up the greens to eat raw, or you can lightly sauté them with onions and garlic.
2 Bunches Salad Turnips
2 Cloves Garlic
1 or 2 Tbsp Butter or Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Slice the salad turnips into thin half-moons, and mince or crush the garlic.
2. Melt the butter (or heat the oil) in a medium sized frying pan.
3. Sauté the salad turnips & garlic until they are a light golden color (cover the pan if you like).
• Add a splash of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
• Add the turnip greens, or some other chopped greens such as spinach or chard
• Add minced scallions, and fresh or dried herbs