- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoons finely diced fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic sliced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 small carrots julienned
- ½ lemon, juice & zest, juice divided
- 1 small head of tatsoi, leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil leaves
- Sea salt
- Water as needed
Heat the oil in a wok over a medium high flame. Add the cumin, and let sizzle for 30 seconds or until the cumin darkens. Add the ginger, garlic and Serrano chili. Cook stirring until garlic starts to color. Add shallots cook stirring 2-3 minutes or until shallots start to color.
Add the carrots. Sprinkle with salt. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon zest and ½ the lemon juice. When it evaporates add 2 tbsp water. Cook stirring over high heat until the water has almost gone and the carrots have softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the tatsoi. Mix into the veggies. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then add another tablespoon of water. This will create steam. Cover the wok and lower heat to medium. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the tatsoi stems begin to soften.
Remove the lid, raise the heat to medium high, and stir-fry until any liquid has evaporated. Add the remaining lemon juice and the basil leaves. Cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
from Cook for Your Life