- 1 pint shishito peppers – washed, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sized garlic clove, smashed
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water (note: I used water and added one small carrot)
- 1 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a frying pan, heat oil and garlic. Add peppers. Char Shishito peppers until blisters appear on the skin.
Place peppers and all ingredients into a blender or Vitamix. (Note, if you do not use a Vitamix, make sure you roughly chop up your vegetables first.) Puree on medium speed for 30 seconds. Make sure peppers are pureed.
Place in an airtight container. Chill in the refrigerator 3-4 hours. Serve chilled.